Testosterone is a male hormone that mainly produces in testicles. Even a female body produces this hormone in a small amount in ovaries and adrenaline system. It is available in the market in its brand name Depo-testosterone. Some of the men don’t get hit by puberty on time, or their strong growth seems to be slower than usual because they lack producing testosterone. Testosterone Cypionate is to treat such conditions. But it is for males that have some genetic disorder or a problem in the hypothalamus and pituitary. Not Only for men, but this injection is also for women who have breast cancer. When cancer spreads into other body parts, doctors use this testosterone Cypionate for its treatment.
There are specific conditions in which one should not take testosterone Cypionate at any cost. Every medicine has its particular effects and side effects. Especially in such kinds of injections, it is very much essential to ensure that the person willing to take this injection is not allergic and does not have any serious health concern. Testosterone cypionate is a medicine to treat males who cannot produce enough testosterone hormone in their body. It addresses the condition named hypogonadism. There are two stages of hypogonadism. Primary hypogonadism is stage one where the testosterone does not produce in testicles. And the other one is hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, where the problem is in the brain structure. That means the hypothalamus gland or pituitary gland is not able to send the signal to the testicles for producing testosterone. It is a controlled substance which means that the government regulates it.
Conditions Caused By Low Testosterone
- Lack of testosterone means lack of sperm count
- Men go through severe mood swings in such condition
- Lack of testosterone creates a lack of concentration in men
- Males with low testosterone might face dysfunctional erection
- Size of the penis and testicles seem to be smaller than usual.
Working System Of Testosterone Cypionate
Doctors inject testosterone cypionate in muscle.Testosterone cypionate treats hypogonadism by replacing the testosterone that the body couldn’t produce.
Conditions In Which One Should Not Go For Testosterone Cypionate
Injecting testosterone Cypionate while suffering from some severe health issues can be very harmful. Here is a list of conditions in which one should avoid taking it.
- A woman should never take testosterone injection during her pregnancy or even if she’s expecting to get pregnant any time soon.
- People with a severe heart condition should avoid injecting testosterone.
- People suffering from any severe liver condition must not take this injection
- People with any disease related to kidney should not receive testosterone
- Males having breast cancer should avoid testosterone Cypionate
- People who have prostate cancer must not get in contact with testosterone
Testosterone is something that can harm a person to it’s last. So Before taking a dosage of this medicine, it is essential to consult a doctor because without any doctor’s consultancy, there is no chance to get benefits from this injection. You must tell your doctor if you have any of the conditions mentioned below
- If you have Coronary artery disease or heart problem
- If you ever had a heart attack or stroke before
- Male or female with hypercalcemia, suffering from breast cancer
- Calcium range high
- If you receive Coumadin, Jantoven, etc. blood thinners
- If you have diabetes
- If you have high cholesterol
- If you have triglycerides
- If you are suffering prostate enlargement
- If you have any disease related to kidney or liver
- If you are debilitated
Major Side Effects Of Testosterone
Misuse of testosterone can cause significant heart, liver, or kidney diseases. If someone takes this during pregnancy, it can harm the baby. It can cause congenital disabilities. The significant side effects this medicine can cause are huge in number. If you see any symptoms such as difficulty in breathing, face swelling, hives, swelling lips, or tongue, contact your doctor or physician immediately for help.
- Testosterone cypionate dosage can clot blood in the lungs that is fetal
- It can enlarge breasts and swelling if misused
- It decreases the size of testicles
- It can make a person infertile
- It can affect the growth of bones
- A heart attack is a deadly side effect of testosterone cypionate
- Liver or kidney disease is common in a person as a side effect of using it.
- Stroke is another side effect that can lead someone to death
- In some cases, it affects the person mentally, making them more aggressive and violent.
There Are Some Common Side Effects Such As
- hair loss
- growth of facial hair and body hair
- The desire of getting physical may increase or decrease
- erection can be more prolonged than usual time
- Feeling numb
- Pain or swelling on the injected part
- Irritation in mouth
- Overdose of it can cause temporary blindness
- Redness and pain in arms and legs
The List Of Its Side Effects Is Not As Short As It Seems To Be. There Are A Few More Side Effects That Occur In Rare Cases Such As
- Unpleasant after taste
- unnecessary crying
- change in taste
- extreme mood swings
- Gas in stomach
- back pain
- more aggressive behavior
- Pain in different body parts
- Stressing over every minor thing
- The heartbeat gets either slow pr fast
- Weakness all the time
- Unbearable cramps in stomach
- Pain while urinating
- inability to empty bladder
- Skin problems
- Enlargement of clitoris
- Voice getting deep
- The decrease in sperm count
- Irregular Periods
- Painful erection
- urinating more than usual, especially at nights or nocturia
- discoloration of skin
- Yellowish eye
- change of vision
- the decrease in mental alertness
- Pale stool
- coughing blood out of the mouth
- Pain in one side of the body
The very first time you notice any of these after taking the dose of testosterone cypionate, run to your doctor immediately; otherwise, things will get more complicated if not treated on time.
Symptoms Of Testosterone Cypionate Overdose
Testosterone cypionate is a drug that is beneficial if and only if someone takes it in the proper dosage. An overdose or missed dose can be harmful as well as painful. But how would someone know if they received an overdose of it? Here are these common symptoms that prove if someone has had extreme or it
- Getting blind temporarily
- Everything visualizes blurred
- Words stuck-up inside the mouth or inability to speak temporarily
- Slurring of speech
- One side of the body getting weak
- Getting severe headaches
- Difficult to breathe
- Redness, itchy skin
It is not necessary for everyone to get any symptoms or to face side effects but if someone does face any of it they should go to their doctors for help.
Here Are Some Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Happens If Someone Missed A Dose Of This Medication?
A. If someone misses a dose or stops taking the dosage for a time, the medicine might work slower or might not work at all after you restart taking it. In such cases, they must consult their doctor if they are willing to continue the medication. Their doctor will make a new schedule for them.
Q. Why Can’t People With Heart Disease Inject Testosterone Cypionate?
A. Salt and water retention increase due to testosterone cypionate, which is harmful to heart diseases. It can take the situation to worsen. It’s better to consult with your doctor, tell him about your condition and he will know if it is safe or not.
Q. What Happens When A Diabetic Patient Take This Drug?
A. This drug decreases the blood sugar level. Your doctor might get you a low dosage of diabetic medications while taking this. You must monitor your blood sugar level during the medication.
Q. From What Age Can A Male Start To Take This Treatment?
A. This treatment is safe for males age between 13 to 60.
Q. What Is The Dosage For A Kid Aged 11?
A. Doctors say there is not yet any confirmation about the safety of using this drug on kids aged 11 or below.
Q. What Is The Duration Of The Dosage?
A. Testosterone cypionate is a long term medication. Throughout the treatment, one must take a dose once in two to four weeks.
Q. What Are The Significant Side Effects Caused By The Testosterone Cypionate?
A. There are several side effects of taking this drug. The list of side effects caused by this injection is more extensive than it’s the list of benefits. But here are a few side effects that are very common such as chest pain, anxiety, skin problems, vision problems, pain in one side of the body, swelling, headache, slurry speech, etc. Everyone doesn’t need to get side effects, but if someone notices any of these, they must rush to their doctor and seek help before it gets worse.
Q. Is It Beneficial For Athletes?
A. Testosterone cypionate helps males to recover their hormonal problem. It has got nothing especially beneficial for athletes. In fact one should not take this drug if they have everything normal.
Q. Is It Safe To Take This Drug During Pregnancy?
A. Testosterone cypionate is an X categorized drug for pregnancy. It can cause congenital disabilities and harm the unborn if taken during pregnancy. Doctor days, women should not even consider this drug if they are expecting to have a baby anytime soon. It is not at all safe in that condition.
Q. What Are The Essential Purchases For The Injection?
A. Here is the list of must-buy kit
- Sterile alcohol wipes
- A bin to use for disposal of used syringes
Q. Is It Essential To Check On My Health During Treatment?
A. It is imperative to go for frequent blood tests during the session to ensure that the drug is not affecting your body in negative terms, and you are doing fine with the treatment.
Q. In What Conditions Do I Need To Store The Injection?
A. Testosterone cypionate requires storing room temperature at 25°C or else, and you must keep it away from light and out of reach of children.
Q. What Happens When Someone Overdoses It?
A. The overdose of this medication can make you blind temporarily. It can cause the inability to speak, make visions blurry, and challenging to breathe. Overdose of testosterone cypionate in women can make their voice deep and grow unwanted facial and body hair, and it can cause irregularities in the period cycle.
Q. Does Combining Testosterone Cypionate And Some Other Medication Increases The Risk Of Side Effects?
A. Combining testosterone cypionate with any medication such as insulin, an oral diabetes drug, oral blood thinners, corticosteroids, and adrenocorticotropic increases the risk of side effects. It can cause bleeding, decreases blood sugar level and higher the risk of edema. These are enough to increase your chances of getting side effects.
Q. How To Get This Treatment Without Facing Significant Side Effects?
A. You can decrease the chance of getting side effects if you thoroughly follow your doctors instructions. Follow how your doctor has restricted about what you should eat, drink and do. Don’t miss any dosage, or don’t take overdosage of it and never share your dose with anyone. You have a prescription, but they don’t always remember that sharing your dosage with someone can harm both of you. Do as directed.
Q. What Is Polycythemia?
A. It is a condition where the body increases the production of red blood cells, which causes redness in the body. There is a risk of getting this condition during the testosterone cypionate treatment.
Q. Is The Dosage The Same For Everyone?
A. The dosage of this injection varies from person to person based on their age and condition. Doctors may increase or decrease the dosage as per the requirement of the body.
Q. Is It Necessary To Visit The Doctor For Each Injection?
A. You can inject yourself after learning how it should be vaccinated. Once your doctor shows you the way, you don’t need to visit them for injecting your dose.
Q. Can I Refill My Medication With The Same Prescription?
A. No, you cannot refill your medication using the old prescription; you need to bring a new order for refilling.